Sound of Shadows
Digital delay PT2399
The Sound of Shadows (SoS) is a voltage-controlled (VC) digital delay module based around the PT2399 echo IC1 from Princeton Technology – which was, by the way, originally designed for Karaoke equipment.
The SoS is essentially two separate modules: a delay and a voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA). The focus of the SoS was the delay while the VCA was thrown in because half of an LM13700 IC was unused, so the VCA is very basic.
As with all f(h) products, the SoS was engineered towards maximizing functionality while keeping cost as low as possible. If some aspects of the unit seem awkward, it is most likely due to this. The goal is to make unique, useful, enjoyable, and affordable instruments, not just hoover2 out your bank account.
- Min: ~31.3ms
- Max: ~342ms
- Module width: 12hp
- Supply Voltage ±12VDC
- Supply Current (max draw @ ±12V) +12V: 51mA -12V: -21mA
- Max. Input Voltage (@ ±12V) 10Vp-p
- Max. Output Voltage 6Vp-p
- Input & Ouput (I/O) coupling Direct*
- Output Impedance 1 kΩ
- Control Voltage (CV) inputs ±Vsupply
- CV input coupling Direct
- CV input impedance 100 kΩ
- Mounting Depth 50mm (~2″)