The Subsequent 37 is a (2-note) paraphonic analog synthesizer that builds upon the award-winning design of the ultra-powerful Sub 37 Tribute Edition. Its control panel is home to 40 knobs and 74 switches, placing a vast array of analog sound-design tools and onboard sequencing options immediately at your command. The Subsequent 37 improves upon its source through the implementation of a number of user-requested sonic and functional enhancements. Each enhancement maintains the magic and character of its predecessor while also providing access to new dimensions of sound and improved playability.
The SUBSEQUENT 37 mixer section has double the headroom of that in the Sub 37 Tribute Edition. This provides access to a new range of classic clean tones in both mono and duo performance modes. Leveraging the mixer’s newfound flexibility, gain-staging in the Ladder filter has been reshaped to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end. Completing the sonic evolution of the SUBSEQUENT 37 is a re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the grit and growl of the original Sub 37.
“We are really excited to incorporate community feedback into the evolution of an instrument. Adding CV interconnectivity was the starting point, but we have also increased the headroom in the mixer and significantly extended the range of Multidrive, giving the Subsequent 37 CV expanded sonic capability and modular control.” – Cyril Lance, Moog Chief Engineer
In addition to the sound engine augmentation, each SUBSEQUENT 37 comes with an upgraded keybed for improved playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones, and a software plugin/editor for both Windows and Mac platforms.
– Sound Engine : Analog
– Polyphony : Selectable Monophonic Or Paraphonic (Can Be Poly-Chained)
– Keybed : 37 Note Semi-Weighted With After Pressure
– Lcd : 128 X 64 Pixel Lcd With White Backlight
– Controllers : Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, After Pressure, Velocity
– Sound Sources : 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Analog Noise, Generator, 1 External Input/Filter Feedback
– Oscillator Calibration Range : 22hz-6.8khz. Note Range At 8’ = 18 – 116
– Glide Module : Assign To Osc1/Osc2/Both. Type – Lcr, Lct, Exp, Gated, Legato
– Filter : 20hz-20khz Moog Ladder Filter W/ 6/12/18/24 Db/Oct Filter Slopes And Multidrive
– Transpose : +/- 2 Octaves
– Arpeggiator/Sequencer : Up, Down, Order, Random, Latching, Back/Forth, Invert, +/-2 Range, Tie, Rest, Midi Sync, 64-Note Sequencer
– Modulation Sources : Lfo (Triange, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter
– Eg/Pm : Amp Env, Constant On, Sine Lfo, Noise Lfo, Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch, Seq Note, Seq Vel, And Seq Mod.
– Lfo Panel Features : Hi/Low Range From .01hz–1khz, Midi Sync, Kb Reset
– Envelopes : Dahdsr Envelopes With Multi-Trigger, Reset, Looping, Midi Sync, Latch, And Variable Control Of Eg Delay, Hold, Velocity Amount, Kb Tracking.
– External Audio Input : ¼” Ts
– Audio Output : ¼” Ts, ¼” Trs Headphones
– Presets : 256 Presets – 16 Banks X 16 Presets
– Midi I/O : Din In/Out, And Midi Over Usb
– Cv/Gate Inputs : Filter Cv, Pitch Cv, Volume Cv, Kb Gate
– Power : 110vac-240vac Universal Power Supply With Iec Connector
– Dimensions : 6.75h X 26.75”W X 14.75”D
– Weight : 22 lbs