Gliss by Bela is a great little module. It is a mixture of touch controller and motion recorder.
The small Gliss module is a real all-rounder with a great design. The golden surface is touch-sensitive and can detect movements and pressure.
The people behind Bela have come up with a lot of ideas to use this function. Gestures can be detected AND recorded. The buffer holds up to one minute of recordings. These gesture-recordings are loopable. That way you can draw complex LFOs. The play-back rate can be changed, which allows Gliss to function far into the audible range – so: it is also a graphic oscillator! Furthermore, you can turn the surface into a small keyboard, with “split-mode”.
Gliss is a nice and intuitive module that is of use in any system.
- Control your modules directly by outputting touch position and pressure as control voltages
- Record gestures, up to 1 minute
- Loop the recorded gestures to create LFOs with custom waveforms
- Trigger the recorded motion for custom envelopes (use the button or an external trigger)
- Play on an expressive 5-key keyboard
- Scale and offset all CV outputs to get the perfect range for your other modules
- Visualize and process CV and audio signals in your system